Friday 5 August 2011

A new reply from Mark! And he's got compensation on his mind!

Dear Dom

Thank you for your email and I am very sorry for the disruption to our services from Oxford yesterday morning. It wasn't good enough.

Our 05:02 service from Worcester came to a stand at Oxford with a brake problem (a full investigation is underway). This effectively blocked the line and led to the three cancellations. Road transport was arranged (expected to be in place by 08:00) but I appreciate why you chose to leave to find alternative means of getting yourself to London.

I have no hesitation in offering to refund the coach fare for you along with the proportional daily rate of your ticket (£10.00). We'll need confirmation of your address so if you can send this to Dani in our Customer Relations team (dani.bowers@firstgroup.com), she will make the necessary arrangements.

I was also interested in your opinion of the coach however we would much prefer you could rely on our service to get you to and from London.

I appreciate the impression you have been left with of the reliability of our fleet, I accept there have been too many issues in recent weeks and I have put in place a plan to make effective modifications to the fleet to improve matters. I have also challenged my team to address any mechanical issues that do arise in a quicker and more efficient way.

Kind regards

Mark Hopwood
Managing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment